• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imminent Brexit affects mortgage costs and availability!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imminent Brexit affects mortgage costs and availability!

Mortgage bonanza as lenders slash rates and fees for homeowners, first-time buyers AND landlords | Daily Mail Online

NatWest and Bluestone launch range of Help to Buy Shared Equity products
    Mortgage rates fall across the board for both first-time buyers and remortgagors
    Buy-to-let mortgage rates at their lowest since records began in 2012

Doomed! Cheap mortgages for everyone...

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Mortgage bonanza as lenders slash rates and fees for homeowners, first-time buyers AND landlords | Daily Mail Online

Mortgage rates fall across the board for both first-time buyers and remortgagors

Lock in the historically low rates for the next 5 or 10 years and the Fed can raise the USA rates all it wants and only savers care how the UK follows.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Who wants to tie themself into that much debt even if they could afford the deposit?

Solution is house price crash.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Yet another prediction has come true which adds to the evidence of an impending financial crisis greater than 2008.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Yet another prediction has come true which adds to the evidence of an impending financial crisis greater than 2008.
          If there was a crash 10 years ago, I certainly didn't notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Who wants to tie themself into that much debt even if they could afford the deposit?

Solution is house price crash.

Depends if wage inflation is likely to happen, which is how traditional debt was eroded so over time it becomes less of a burden.

The 'house price crash' is so long overdue even the 35% brexit bollox is too little too late. Needs a house price reset where all residential property is down valued by 50%, the negative equity is debt jubileed, and no more borrowing to buy residential property as an investment, you can only own one home unless you have the cash to buy more outright.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
            X