• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservative party donor calls for second public vote on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservative party donor calls for second public vote on Brexit

“I think it is complete balderdash to say the people have spoken, therefore you can’t go back. The people can speak again – why can’t we have another vote on it,” Robertson told the Observer. “We had a brilliant deal with Europe. We had an opt-out on ever-closer union, we weren’t in the single currency and we were not in Schengen [the EU’s visa-free travel area]. We had a perfect arrangement. We are now going to end up with one where, at the end of things, we won’t have a final say.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nd-brexit-vote

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “I think it is complete balderdash to say the people have spoken, therefore you can’t go back. The people can speak again – why can’t we have another vote on it,” Robertson told the Observer. “We had a brilliant deal with Europe. We had an opt-out on ever-closer union, we weren’t in the single currency and we were not in Schengen [the EU’s visa-free travel area]. We had a perfect arrangement. We are now going to end up with one where, at the end of things, we won’t have a final say.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nd-brexit-vote

17.4million people weren't convinced. I'm interested as to why he thinks that not being in Schengen was somehow "perfect". Most Europhiles want us to be in it, regardless of the obvious risks.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
    X