• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Galileo - European GPS system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The Galileo GPS system which has been being created since early 2000 lost most of its benefit when the US turned off Selective Availability on it's satellites.

Meh - you cannot win them all but would be interesting to see who does get the business - will it be the best company for the job - or will it be Fritz's mate who gave him a backhander.

Have you bothered to read the benefits of Galileo before you wrote that?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I read a bit

do you not have GPS now?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Post Brexit, Britain will revert back to traditional values to draw in more tourism. Just like how all British dramas are period dramas, putting the horse before the car. Nothing important happened after the industrial revolution.

The hipster trend, which started pre-brexit, was the upsurge in the regression of Britain back to its golden age. HS2 will be scrapped for steam trains, bowler hats will replace the top knot, moustache oil will outsell diesel, red phone boxes will replace mobile phones, ... more New Avengers than Marvel's Avengers.

The great repeal bill will make it so.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Obviously not. Galileo was the last project I worked on at ESA so I do know something about it at least....
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I read a bit

do you not have GPS now?
            It’s not about satnavs. It’s all to do with accuracy for scientific purposes. However, as it happens I have a GPS unit that also uses Glonass and Galileo, it is very accurate indeed.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Obviously not. Galileo was the last project I worked on at ESA so I do know something about it at least....
              It's not rocket science...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X