• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurozone GDP surges ahead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurozone GDP surges ahead

https://www.theguardian.com/business...bc6606078be2ec

Eurozone posts 0.6% growth as recovery continues

Breaking! The eurozone grew by 0.6% in the third quarter of this year.

That’s a stronger reading than expected. In another boost, growth in the second quarter has been revised up to 0.7%, from 0.6%.

On an annual basis, the eurozone expanded by 2.5% -- a healthy rate, which underlines that the European economy has enjoyed quite a sparkling 2017.
    Great news for anyone considering their options, for whatever reason. UK seems to be struggling a little. I wonder what the figures look like in USD terms.

Mods, this is not a Brexit related thread, but an economics thread of general interest to UK contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Mods, this is not a Brexit related thread, but an economics thread of general interest to UK contractors.
      Give it some time...

Comment

I believe I read that after a period of sluggish growth, the Eurozone is finally catching up. Great news for Europe - they will be buying more British exports than ever before :-)

Comment

Working...
        X