• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan for a very hard Brexit, German firms told

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The eu are more interested in trying to make an example of the UK then anything else.
    Seems to me the UK is making an example of itself or what not to do.

Why would you except to receive the same benefits of a club member without being a member? It defies logic.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Seems to me the UK is making an example of itself or what not to do.

Why would you except to receive the same benefits of a club member without being a member? It defies logic.
      You are entitled to your opinion and I would die for your right to say it.

Unlike the EU. Like Nazi Germany they want to ban democracy.

When will the EU speak up on Catalonia?

In my opinion, the EU is conducting itself in a disgraceful way. I see better behaviour in primary schools.

"You vill say how much you vill pay us before we talk trade". Bollux! These are sovereign states. Not people coming to court.

Comment

When will the EU speak up on Scotland? Same sheet different day. For obvious reason the EU cannot be seen to interfere until it is official.

Democracy? Really? No, I'm serious, really really? PM May who had to buy votes to stay in power? Democracy? The House of Lords whom no one voted for and yet decided how we live? You can this a democracy? MP's whom have been caught expensing the tax payer for various privileges, fraud that would get you and me jailed, is treated with a slap on the wrist.

There is little or no desire to carry out the democratic wish of the electorate. Westminster is corrupt. And the country knows it. Best of all you defend it as democracy.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

When will the EU speak up on Scotland?
          And say WHAT exactly? Scotland held a Referendum on Independence and decided 55% to 45% to remain as part of the UK.
          As a consequence they get treated like the part of the UK they voluntarily chose to remain.
          Something does not stop being Democratic just because you don't get the result you hoped for.
          What exactly are you expecting the EU to "speak up" about numbskull?

Democracy? Really? No, I'm serious, really really?
          It is far from perfect but it is still Democracy, much more so than what Juncker and his cronies would like to practice anyway.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Christ, how many time to I have to say it before you Brexiteers get it? Germany only 'loses' the British market if we apply tariffs to match the EU eg 10% on finished BMWs. All the Tories are by contrast pushing zero tariffs. Do you understand what that means? It means a BMW will cost the same as it does now. It means BMW will be as free to market and sell cars as they do now. 'Free Trade' means opening our markets to anyone at any price. The idea is it kills off half of indigenous companies and thus provides a mass of jobless citizens to feed new capitalist enterprises (great idea if you're one of the top 0.1%; more questionable if you are a worker in Humberside, Tyneside the Yorkshire Dales etc etc)

Germany will suffer the disruption that all if us will in the way our intricately interwoven industries and service will have to be reorganised on a massive scale but you can't equate that to any country sales figures.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Brexiteers need to move on from their entitled self pitying snowflakery. How can the EU possibly punish the UK? Look at the net trade flow. A patriotic UK Government should be demanding payment from the EU to keep British markets open.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Brexiteers need to move on from their entitled self pitying snowflakery. How can the EU possibly punish the UK? Look at the net trade flow. A patriotic UK Government should be demanding payment from the EU to keep British markets open.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  German business leaders have every right to be worried that EU negotiators are putting politics before economics. It'd be a shame if one of Germany's biggest export markets was thrown under a bus for the sake of saving Juncker's face. Still, it's not as he'd give a sh!t.
                  But it won't be thrown under a bus , this is a non argument for both remainers and leavers.

Its all about the value of the pound and import tariffs , one of the most expensive German exports BMW's I was leasing a BMW for about £420 per month a few years ago , in 2020 the same car with tariffs and low pound value will cost me about 11% more about £470 per month, still less than a days wages and I will still buy a BMW because unlike a Ford and Vauxhall which I can buy at half the price its the car I want and generally people who buy them are not on minimum wage.

Likewise for UK exports they will have tariffs on but with a low pound that makes them about the same price as pre Brexit prices.
                  Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    German business leaders have every right to be worried that EU negotiators are putting politics before economics. It'd be a shame if one of Germany's biggest export markets was thrown under a bus for the sake of saving Juncker's face. Still, it's not as he'd give a sh!t.
                    And the Brexit team don’t care if the UK is crippled as long as it has a small negative impact on the EU.
                    That’s what several seem to preach: As long as it’s bad for the EU, we’re happy.
                    Then you turn round and say that the EU are doing things to punish/make an example of the UK.

If by “punish” you mean “try to negotiate an agreed settlement”, then you’re right. The EU wants to keep going. It doesn’t want to stop or go backwards. The EU will keep going without the UK, it is planning for the future.

This whole spin thing of “trying to make an example of the UK to stop others leaving” followed by “UK is one of the very few net contributors”. Think it through, if the EU was just interested in the finance side of things then they would be happy to lose all the countries that are not net contributors. That would make financial sense if the EU was just about finance.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      Where are you getting this bollox from? Are you still not listening?

All the barmy Brexiteers talk about 'free trade'. Right now Germany exports to us tariff free. After free trade Hard Brexit they'll export to us... tariff free.
                      Not when we end up walking away under WTO rules. Its inevitable.

The problem is that the EU are not its constituent countries it is a cancer all of its own. It really doesn't care if the French or German markets have problems selling goods to the UK because those pains hurt someone else not the elite in Brussels.

The whole point that the guys supporting remain seem to miss is that the EU are not interested in the members they are a protectionist state all on their own. They bully protection money out of the members and then piss it up the wall as they fancy. All 27 countries in the current block could just stand up tomorrow and say we agree to trade for free and we don't need the EU anymore because we will create standards the same way as the RFC method works today.

That would solve Brexit immediately and give everyone what they want which is trade. I have not met a single person that thinks an EU army is a good idea and the fact that the EU are even talking about it shows they have ran out of touch.

Comment

Working...
                      X