• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commentary on Brexit from overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't rate myself a natural negotiator yet it is obvious that May and Davies et.al. have made absolute tits of themselves.
    After a lot of bluster it took them about 5 minutes to cave in:

David Davis caves into EU timetable demand on first day of Brexit talks - Business Insider

Now they broadcasted how weak they are, what will happen is that they'll overcompensate by playing hardball on other issues when a charm offensive and diplomacy would work far better.
    Last edited by sasguru; 3 July 2017, 09:54.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I don't rate myself a natural negotiator yet it is obvious that May and Davies et.al. have made absolute tits of themselves.
      After a lot of bluster it take them about 5 minutes to cave in:

David Davis caves into EU timetable demand on first day of Brexit talks - Business Insider

Now they broadcasted how weak they are, what will happen is that they'll overcompensate by playing hardball on other issues when a charm offensive and diplomacy would work far better.

Pick your battles.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Pick your battles.
        Ah, a strategic withdrawal.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Ah, a strategic withdrawal.
          Followed by another.
          Seems more like a rout than a withdrawal

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/british-of...170024619.html
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Followed by another.
            Seems more like a rout than a withdrawal

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/british-of...170024619.html
            It's all a cunning plan to instill a Dunkirk Spirit.

Comment

Working...
            X