• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexodus has started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Sadly, the people who lack the capability to understand this will be the most affected.
    Which are the people who voted for Brexit

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Problem is the cream (whether UK or EU citizens) can work anywhere and since Brexit has made the UK unappealing to many, the only people staying by definition will be people without options i.e. the dregs (whether UK or EU citizens).
    And companies will move to where the cream are. That used to be London, now it will be elsewhere.
    All this has its own inexorable logic and it won't happen overnight, but 5 years from now, the employment market in the Uk is going to be very different - and not for the better.
    Sadly, the people who lack the capability to understand this will be the most affected.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Problem is the cream (whether UK or EU citizens) can work anywhere and since Brexit has made the UK unappealing to many, the only people staying by definition will be people without options i.e. the dregs (whether UK or EU citizens).
    And companies will move to where the cream are. That used to be London, now it will be elsewhere.
    All this has its own inexorable logic and it won't happen overnight, but 5 years from now, the employment market in the Uk is going to be very different - and not for the better.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bye Bye

We don't need nuclear scientists, psychiatrists, lecturers, research scientists, nurses, fruit pickers ...
    It's far too late for psychiatrists.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Bye Bye

We don't need nuclear scientists, psychiatrists, lecturers, research scientists, nurses, fruit pickers ...

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    started a topic Brexodus has started

Brexodus has started

I notice it in my direct surroundings, where many EU financed research companies are based. Mostly top level educated Germans, French,Italian and Dutch nuclear scientists are leaving because of brexit, the increased racism as a result and fear subsidies for their jobs will be culled. I'm sure the brexiteers love to go back to Victorian times and go back to the coal fuelled steam age.

Also I see in some Facebook groups, I am member of, that many EU nationals are packing their bags.
    Just read some of the comments on this article and you see why: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ship-uk-brexit

Working...
X