• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Doom from a Swiss newspaper - The laughing stock of Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    So now the talks have finally started I am guessing that everyone will be united, wishing that both sides come to a mutually beneficial arrangement, proving that Liberal Democracies are the best form of government for humankind, showing that countries can work togeather for the peace and prosperity of all their citizens?
    Yeah, we tried that. It was called "The European Union".

Or are you just going to keep carping on about the decision and hoping that it all goes tits up?
    I'll keep carping on about it, in a disinterested way, and hoping that it doesn't go too horribly wrong for the UK.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      And you think we would not be if we get out?
      The difference being we'd be paying according to what we want to access, not how quickly the feckless Eurocrats can spend it.

(Hopefully)
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        The difference being we'd be paying according to what we want to access
        Where does the belief what 'we want' is available for purchase, come from?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Course you are, because you'll look like an even bigger twat if it doesn't, and you have abandoned the UK so it doesn't matter to you either way.
          Abandoned? Was practically chased out door. Got me degree and told to work for a pittance after 6 years of higher education whilst paying for a house that was nine times plus my annual salary. Sod dat!

Like I've always said, you either work to live or live to work. Guess which one the UK falls under?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Yeah, we tried that. It was called "The European Union".

I'll keep carping on about it, in a disinterested way, and hoping that it doesn't go too horribly wrong for the UK.
            You could get a life and find a positive hobby. Some of us quite like reading the forums without tripping over these miserable, negative little posts. They hang around like little dried out, crumbly poops.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Got me degree and told to work for a pittance after 6 years of higher education
              They offer studies in Cretinism do they?

I bet your pittance looked a fortune to 90% of the population.

However, its a top result. Better you are out of the UK.

Comment

I guess the remoaners are stuck in a difficult place. I voted remain, but I'm not moaning about it. We lost the war, but don't have to lose the peace too.

Have been constantly prattling on about how awful it's going to be ( immediate recession anybody? ) there's a strong possibility that actually when it comes down to it ... it might not be. Individual remoaners will have to deal with that in their own way. I know that admitting you were wrong is difficult, but you might want to start practising. Always good to have a "Plan B".

This is a generational chance to reset the relationship with Europe. The UK has always sat uneasily with Europe, the EU project wants to push for closer integration of the member states, that's something that the UK has never wanted. With the UK out of the equation Germany, France, Italy can continue their chosen path to ever closer union.

A decent BREXIT lets the EU get on with what it wants and the UK to forge along the lines that it wants. It does not mean an end to all cooperation and doom-and-gloom.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  They offer studies in Cretinism do they?

I bet your pittance looked a fortune to 90% of the population.

However, its a top result. Better you are out of the UK.
                  Was on £17k out of uni in 98 was it.. 10% of the population you reckon. Don't think so.

What's stranger is my one and only British client now pays me more to act as an engineering intermediately on a retainer basis between the two countries. They need me out of the UK, as do you thousands of other UK expats working in the EU supporting UK businesses.

Comment

Can't be bothered translating, one of many from various different countries:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      You could get a life and find a positive hobby. Some of us quite like reading the forums without tripping over these miserable, negative little posts. They hang around like little dried out, crumbly poops.
                      Try this: Brexiteer safe space

Or just avoid CUK political threads (which won't avoid all conversations about Brexit but it will help).

Comment

Working...
                      X