• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

as for voting Brexit;

1. Competence of the EU why does our relationship with the rest of the EU have to be defined by these serial unelected bureaucrats
    You voted for the Tories. The Tories select an MEP to represent the UK. That is democracy. More democratic than the PM or any member of the House of Lords!!

as for voting Brexit;

2. Giving power to unelected representatives (we should have learnt lessons from history on this)
    See above.

as for voting Brexit;

3. I believe in the Nation state and there can be no nation state without control of borders
    In what universe are migrants going to stop coming to the UK in or out of the EU? Legally or not they'll keep coming because employers here in the UK are willing to pay for cheap labour to make more profit.

That was far too easy to debunk and destroy your reasons for voting leave. Far too easy. Part of me hoped for some real meaningful substance. Oh well...
    Last edited by scooterscot; 15 November 2016, 18:21.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I disagree. 65% of voters who are also Scottish by birth whom voted did so to leave.
      Just what the fook is the relevance of that distinction? Or are you suggesting that the votes cast by those living there without having been born there are less relevant?
      I suppose it was all those nasty English immigrants that moved to Scotland that were the ones that tipped the balance in favour of staying within the UK?

Never mind, maybe Nicola can make them all wear yellow stars on their clothing before the next Election so that their votes can be "lost".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I do not know why I even bothered to reply to the unemployed half wit
        Well, if you'd stop, then perhaps others would and I wouldn't have to drop by every now and then to make sure that you're not abusing yourselves (and others) too much.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Just what the fook is the relevance of that distinction?
          Where to begin.

The relevance exists because EU nationals living in Scotland had a significant influence in the indy referendum. The did not want to find themselves without the right to work in the country they've chosen to be resident in. Brexit will do that now by default.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Nice try....but lets wait for the Supreme court's verdict.

Theresa May dealt fresh blow as Supreme Court judge signals major delay on starting Brexit | The Independent

You can't just bypass the law with "a smart trick". It is far more complicated.

"write a 3 line bill", she's getting desperate

The government should have done this before the referendum and campaigned on a very clear Brexit plan.
            Stating the bleeding obvious, but why is a judge talking about an up coming case before it starts?

And secondly, it's not the question that's been put to the Court.

And that's a different story to the one the Indy ran earlier which obviously didn't stir things enough.
            Last edited by GB9; 15 November 2016, 20:44.

Comment

Just as a matter of interest, to the Brexiteers on here, why is it you want Brexit? It can't be the 350 million pounds / day for the NHS (IIRC), that's a lie. And even if you leave the EU, that doesn't mean immigration will be curbed, so what is the reason?

Oh dear: JAGUAR LAND ROVER confirms new factory in SLOVAKIA
              Oh dear Scooter. You forgot the link to Google invests £1bn to create 3,000 jobs in the UK.

I'm sure it was an oversight on your part and you would have posted it later.

Branson says he was going to create 3,000 (ficticious) jobs but can't because of Brexit. Google just does it.

Comment

Oh dear oh dear GB9 you forgot to provide the whole picture (as usual).

Brexit throws £65 billion of investment into doubt

They recently quizzed 1,015 company bosses about investment decisions since the EU exit referendum on June 23.

About one third of those decision makers stated that they had either delayed or abandoned investment because of Brexit.

The most frequently given reason behind this was the fall in the British pound, or the linked rise in inflationary expectations.
                You applaud £1 billion investment in one hand whilst loosing £65 billion in the other.

There's got to be a reason why it's so easy to debunk a Wrexiter. I wonder what it could be...

Comment

Where to begin.
                  Clear and concise English would be a good start.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Heute abend nicht, meine klein käse.

Comment

Oh dear oh dear GB9 you forgot to provide the whole picture (as usual).

Brexit throws £65 billion of investment into doubt

You applaud £1 billion investment in one hand whilst loosing £65 billion in the other.

There's got to be a reason why it's so easy to debunk a Wrexiter. I wonder what it could be...
                      So while your stuck in the 'might' camp the rest of us are getting on with it. Including Google. I can see why you lost.

I still don't know how Branson was going to create the 3,000 jobs he apparently had to cancel. Maybe you can enlighten me?

Comment

Working...
                      X