• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Interesting article on WTO, which a lot of people in Britain think would be the best way to trade.

Defaulting to WTO

WTO rules default option is entirely unworkable and will cause significant parts of our current international trade to grind to a halt. We therefore either have to agree an all-compassing bilateral EU agreement within the two years, or a transitional deal, or gain an extension to the timetable to prevent significant harm to our economy.
    I very much doubt that the UK will be walking out of the negotiations. It looks like they'll be swallowing the odd frog to get a deal.

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Bless her. I thought Miller was just another self-important, arrogant whinger acting in her own self interest. But then she spent some of her multimillion pound wealth on demonstrating that the Government only needed the smallest possible bill to trigger A50 and that the SNP couldn't stop it.

Respect.
    She is a hero who ensured that Parliament will have ultimate control of this whole sorry mess, and the Brexit zealots will not be able to take us over the cliff edge with their half baked lunatic fantasies as espoused in that joke of a white paper.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Bless her. I thought Miller was just another self-important, arrogant whinger acting in her own self interest. But then she spent some of her multimillion pound wealth on demonstrating that the Government only needed the smallest possible bill to trigger A50 and that the SNP couldn't stop it.

Respect.
    Yes. She must be very pleased with the outcome. The judges agreed in her favour. Parliment held a debate and a democratic vote and everything is tickity-boo.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rity-shop.html

'Call me old-fashioned,' he says, reaching for what he hopes is a Churchillian tone, 'but when a country decides to go on a radical, uncompromising departure to a new and as yet entirely unpredictable future ... it is a country embarking on a perilous path, and I hope our consciences will not pay for it.'

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    So 2 Liberal Democrats (there are only 9 remember), and 4 SNP (out of 54) didn't vote to stop A50 being triggered. I mean for fark sake, tells you all you need to know really about how seriously they take it. I mean if 20% of your MPs can't be bothered to vote on the one policy you are championing above all else. Muppets.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e_iOSApp_Other

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Respect.
    Damehood in the Queen's birthday honours?

She can hold hands when Nigel when he gets made a knight of the realm for services to the commonwealth.
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 2 February 2017, 07:29.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Respect.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Gina Miller wants to help with the brexit negotiations...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/761...t-negotiations

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It's official, hard Brexit, no foreigners allowed in and women have to show the flesh whenever possible: Theresa May 'hires Daily Mail political editor James Slack as chief spokesman' | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We should only ever do things that are easy and simple.
    You did, it came down to just 'YES' or 'NO', how much more simple can you get?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X