• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ending a self billing agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ending a self billing agreement

There is no definitive process or advice on HMRC, only that you should review such agreements regularly and suchlike.

Situation is one more week is owed at the end of the contract against which I didn't take an extension, client has failed to sign the electronic timesheet so it is likely the agent will play up (it's just possible that the responsible person is away on holiday). That's another issue but if there is no timesheet, they will not raise a self bill invoice for me so I need to end the current agreement and raise said invoice in the normal manner.

This is all-important because I am not opted out for this contract and I need to gain control of the process so that I can do the needful when the time comes. Invoice is not due until last day of June so plenty of time yet. I am just lining up the ducks so I can get Suarez to bite them for me

Is it just a case of notifying the agent that I want to end the agreement and producing an invoice?

I would say so, yes. I've not come across any specific requirements, so essentially a clear communication, with signed for post, should suffice.

Comment

Working...
    X