• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dodgy company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dodgy company

A company who owes me a small amount of money since last summer is still trading though they told me they were going under due to a bad dept owed to them. At the time i checked on company check. It said proposal to strike off. Ive recently checked CH docs and they say proposal to strike off. Strike off suspended. Proposal to strike off. Strike off suspended now proposal to strike off voluntarily. I have found out they have never filled accounts. Still trading as same name including Ltd status charge VAT? And do this all the time using lots of small sub contractors and not paying. Can i get HMRC to check them out as don't believe they have filled any vat returns or company returns

Erm...I think that you might be better off pursuing them in other ways? Check out the links on the right hand side? HMRC aren't going to do your due diligence.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by crhodes1234 View Post
      A company who owes me a small amount of money since last summer is still trading though they told me they were going under due to a bad dept owed to them. At the time i checked on company check. It said proposal to strike off. Ive recently checked CH docs and they say proposal to strike off. Strike off suspended. Proposal to strike off. Strike off suspended now proposal to strike off voluntarily. I have found out they have never filled accounts. Still trading as same name including Ltd status charge VAT? And do this all the time using lots of small sub contractors and not paying. Can i get HMRC to check them out as don't believe they have filled any vat returns or company returns
      It is probably HMRC that are blocking the strike off due to unpaid taxes, so they will be well aware.

Comment

Originally posted by crhodes1234 View Post
        Name of the company, please.

Comment

Working...
        X