• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have I dug my own grave?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Sorry - link seems to be broken
    Try the quoted version - works here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Try the quoted version - works here.
      Got it thanks The article you refer to uses, as its basis, the Ready Mixed concrete case (from 1968) but it's been developed over the years as more and more employment status cases arrive in the Courts. Of course HMRC will use cases which support their position but the basic premise that was set in Ready Mixed Concrete will typically form the base for their argument and that is widely accepted as being the authority.
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Angrybunny View Post
        D&C
        Well there is a project manager but I'm pretty much left to get on with things myself.
        I also work one day a week from home. Something which does concern me is an email I was copied on last week which stated everyone should be in the office between 9-5.30. That was sent by the department head. I'm tempted just to ignore it. So not the strongest defence in the world.
        Actually I think that is a useful piece of evidence. If there is no sanction for not doing so, and your arrangements are at variance with direct staff, it shows a clear D&C difference between you and direct staff. Question is, can you make the difference in D&C into a case for absence of D&C

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
          Investment banks are funny ones. The offices in London are usually so large that items like gyms and canteens are usually outsourced and available for anyone, employees, contractors, guests and so on.
          In my limited experience they are also often landlord delivered for whole site rather than a particular tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            IR35 is de-facto repealed, there is more chance of you being hit by lightining than being investigated for IR35.

Anyone who tells you different is likely to be selling something IR35 related.
            HM Revenue & Customs: Employment status

Ask Lester Piggott about the chances of being hit by lightning!:

Comment

Working...
            X