• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension and dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Can I make personal and my ltd company contribution's to the same pension pot.

2. If I put the same as the gross salary amount of £10,600 into personal pension would I be able to take another £10,600 extra as dividend as not exceed the threshold.

3. I could then make another £29,400 contribution from the ltd company to bring the max pension allowance to £40,000.

Is this correct

Thanks

Comment

What did your accountant or IFA say?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What did your accountant or IFA say?
        still waiting to hear back

Comment

Cool, in the unlikely situation they don't answer your questions then please feel free to start a thread and we can have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
            1. Can I make personal and my ltd company contribution's to the same pension pot.
            Yes.

2. If I put the same as the gross salary amount of £10,600 into personal pension would I be able to take another £10,600 extra as dividend as not exceed the threshold.
            No. You could take an extra £11,925 net dividend, ((10600 / 80%) * 90%), assuming profits allow.

3. I could then make another £29,400 contribution from the ltd company to bring the max pension allowance to £40,000.
            No. The company could make contributions of up to £26,750 gross, (40000 - (10600 / 80%)), assuming profits allow.

Is this correct
            Don't take my word for it, I could be wrong too. Get advice from a tax professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
              Yes.

No. You could take an extra £11,925 net dividend, ((10600 / 80%) * 90%), assuming profits allow.

No. The company could make contributions of up to £26,750 gross, (40000 - (10600 / 80%)), assuming profits allow.

Don't take my word for it, I could be wrong too. Get advice from a tax professional.

still waiting to hear back, but after 4 years contracting and paying extortionate coorptax each year I didn't realize how private pension reform has changed to such a great advantage to the jobbing ltd co contractor. Smell a rat with this government as once the funds are replenished they might change the tax laws "retrospectively" for pensions.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Cool, in the unlikely situation they don't answer your questions then please feel free to start a thread and we can have a look.
                Or the OP can continue with this one, why not ? It's not like anyone needs your permission to post here.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                  Or the OP can continue with this one, why not ? It's not like anyone needs your permission to post here.

Boo
                  Cause he will get a better response starting his own thread rather than jumping on the back of other ones. Back in your box you.

Comment

Working...
                  X