• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Salary for accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
    Could you confirm my understanding here, you're basically having an annual salary processed this month (March) for the whole of the tax year instead of a monthly salary split evenly over the year. Thus, you would have liked to show a monthly salary for April - September i.e. 6 months in your accounts to September 13?

The above being the case, can't you simply ask your accountant to 'accrue' into the accounts half of the March salary? It will then have been processed within 9 months of the year end and as such should be an allowable expense in the accounts to September 13.

From April 14 onwards make sure you get your accountant to run a monthly salary and you will avoid this 'problem' next year end.

Hope this helps.

Martin
    Contratax Limited
    Sensible suggestion which resolves OPs problem on face if it

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      Every single client of ours pays monthly and we submit RTI monthly for them. I believe SJD had an annual option.....?
      Likewise, all monthly. The theoretical saving from moving to annual payment would have brought a whole host of other issues; it was easier to invest in staff and systems instead.

Comment

Working...
      X