• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT on non EU invoice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
    Yes, property and the supply of software have different rules.

Luckily for contractor accountants like us, the place of supply rules behind consultancy supplies are reasonably straightforward!
    Very true Martin. There is a general assumption that the majority of folks here are simply supplying IT services. But it is an assumption, hence my qualification above.

I mean he could be an auctioneer, or arranging events, or hiring things used here. Damned unlikely of course.

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications....................sorry to those who think I should have searched first......finding something posted a while ago is all well and good but what if the rules have since changed?

Comment

Well, finding the rules as they were gives you a decent idea of the authorities which you can then cross check.

But they do change a fair bit from time to time.

Comment

Working...
        X