• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    It may well be that everything going forward is included in the fee, but work for prior periods will be charged for - that's not unfair surely? There has to be some sort of cut off, otherwise we'd have clients turning up with 2 years worth of tax returns and accounts and getting them all done for one annual fee (or worse one month's fee, when they want everything rushed through and then leave after a month!)
    I was just about to say this and agree with Claire, if there was no cut off then i imagine this could potentially happen.

Speak to your accountant as you agreed the fee before you signed and i am sure what was being provided would of been explained to you in writing and via phone or email too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
      Evening all!

I recently signed up with one of the "well known recommended accountants on here" and was told that as I won't have been a signed up member for a full year, I'm going to have to to pay a "small" (£90 not sure if with/without VAT) for a basic tax return.
      All the glossy stuff when they reel you in claims that everything is included
      It's clearly isn't the case.......
      If your tax return is that basic, do it yourself.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
        I signed up in January, just wondering what value these companies do? I keep all my accounts and paper work up to date and I send them information on time and complete, all they seem to do is populate a spreadsheet to give me a breakdown of tax/dividends due.
        As others have noted theres quite a bit of knowledge and systems behind the scenes to make that happen.

Also work is generally front loaded - setting a client up and back loaded - the annual accounts / returns - in the middle it does feel like the accountant isn't doing a lot. I wish the workload could be more even!

Anyway, on the original question, check the contract and SLA.

Comment

Working...
        X