• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2014 Salary - £10K it is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My accountant has just had to send out a message saying that despite what it says in Dave's letter, there is NO £2k cashback, just the allowance...
    Hmm, I musn't have read Dave's letter properly before I put it in the bin...did it really say that?

Comment

I think I'll get back all the employers' NI that MyCo pays (yes, I do pay some, about £600 a year).

That was my understanding anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I think I'll get back all the employers' NI that MyCo pays (yes, I do pay some, about £600 a year).

That was my understanding anyway
        You'll simply not pay it over to HMRC in the first place.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Hmm, I musn't have read Dave's letter properly before I put it in the bin...did it really say that?
          He's not helpful......

I am writing to you today about the new tax cut for businesses and charities that starts on 6 April.
          The new Employment Allowance could take £2,000 off your employer National Insurance
          Contributions (NICs).

Britain has been through some very tough years. We endured one of the biggest bank bailouts in the
          world and the deepest recession in generations. For businesses and charities like yours, on the frontline
          of the economy, we know it has been especially difficult.

We came into Government with a long term economic plan to rescue the economy.

Thanks to your hard work, we are now seeing the results. A private-sector recovery with the economy
          growing, jobs being created, and confidence reaching new highs. Businesses are saying to us they want
          to invest, grow, and take on new people. The Employment Allowance is about helping you to do that.

The Allowance will cut up to £2,000 from your employer NICs bill. This means £2,000 cashback on
          the cost of jobs that you can choose how to spend.
          I hope you will consider using it to take on
          more employees.

Simplicity has been the priority in designing the allowance. It will be easy to claim, and all you have to
          do is tick a box on your payroll software. You can check your eligibility and see more practical details
          online at: https://www.gov.uk/employment-allowance

Around 1.25 million businesses employing someone will benefit from the Allowance, whether you are
          taking on your first employee or your fiftieth. A third of all employers will see their NICs bill abolished.

The Employment Allowance starts on 6 April. I urge you to sign up so that you can benefit from a cut
          in the cost of employing someone and help to grow our economy.

Yours sincerely
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
          X