• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Contract - IR35 and enforced lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yep that's true but you eluded to knowing Jack about it which was what I was picking up on. A fair knowledge will give you enough of a basis to understand some aspects that pop up.

Why ban it? IR35 can never be fully covered but some of the guys asking the basic questions could do with researching first. The enforced lunch is an odd one that isn't distinctly covered. I wasn't taking a pop at this situation, just the fact you said you knew Jack as I already mentioned.
    Fair one - I was just trying to stress that I know how much I have to learn in the real world of contracting. I've spent hours and hours reading this place (Which is why I already have PCG+, QDOS insurance and SJD doing my accounts), but even so, it's a bit different when you're putting pen to paper!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Which makes me a little uncomfortable - not the first bit, but the bit about compulsory lunch. I just wondered if this was normal, should I be worried from an IR35 perspective etc? This appears to be an agency clause, rather than a client cause.
      Do they insist on everyone doing that? If they do, then there's nothing to worry about because taking a lunch break like that doesn't differentiate you at all.

If you don't want to take the break, don't - but don't knock off early or bill for that time to make up for it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
      X