• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency merger/change of legal entity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency merger/change of legal entity

We just received this email from our agency:

"As you may be aware, s•com Group Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Impellam Group Plc and we are pleased to be able to advise you of some exciting news regarding the development of the s•com business.

In recognition of the continued growth and strength of s•com we will be changing the name of the s•com business and it will be merged with another Impellam business, ABC Contract Services Limited, to create a new legal entity which will be called “Carbon60 Limited”. This new legal entity will remain a part of the Impellam Group of companies."

Their Registration Number, Registered Office and VAT Number aren't changing, my question is does this change in legal entity affect our existing contract? Obviously they say it doesn't, but I'd rather check for myself . Does anyone have any advice please?

If their registration number isn't changing then its not a new legal entity, assuming that by "registration number" you meant "company registration number"

Their contract with you almost certainly has a right of agency assignment - I don't think I've ever seen one that doesn't.

As long as there are no credit / payment risks I don't think you need to worry about anything.

Does that help or hinder?

Comment

Thanks for that Jessica, it's not something I've come across before so it's nice to have a second opinion. Business as usual then!

Comment

Working...
      X