• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct Contract Offer - AWR Opt Out Regs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pauly View Post
    Thanks. Get that. If however you want the same rights (i.e. access to jobs openings etc) I guess you'll have to state it in the contract?

Rather than stating every Day-1 and Week-12 right, am wondering if its easier to just insert a statement indicating that the AWR does apply? Curious if this would suffice?

I think the legislators have missed a trick here. Surely the regs were designed to protect temp workers, not just temp workers that are going through an agent?

Comment

Thanks. Get that. If however you want the same rights (i.e. access to jobs openings etc) I guess you'll have to state it in the contract?

Rather than stating every Day-1 and Week-12 right, am wondering if its easier to just insert a statement indicating that the AWR does apply? Curious if this would suffice?

I think the legislators have missed a trick here. Surely the regs were designed to protect temp workers, not just temp workers that are going through an agent?
      WTF are you talking about? Same rights? You want AWR to apply anyway, even though you're not an agency worker?

Might be best if you speak to the "employer" to find out if they have any permie jobs going.
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Hmm, let's spell it out... Agency Worker Regulations, get it?

There is no statutory definition of "temporary worker".

If you're dealing direct then it's either as an employee or as a business. Which do you want to be?

Hint: loss of employment rights is often compensated by a higher rate of pay. The rate is often the most negotiable part of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
          Hmm, let's spell it out... Agency Worker Regulations, get it?

There is no statutory definition of "temporary worker".

If you're dealing direct then it's either as an employee or as a business. Which do you want to be?

Hint: loss of employment rights is often compensated by a higher rate of pay. The rate is often the most negotiable part of the contract.
          Terrific. We now need to have pimpy agents taking a cut in order to get protection from agents in the first place.

I guess if you have a dodgy or small Clientco engagement, it make sense to have a agent in the mix. Thanks to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Act they will have to take the risk of Clientco not paying?

Comment

Terrific. We now need to have pimpy agents taking a cut in order to get protection from agents in the first place.

I guess if you have a dodgy or small Clientco engagement, it make sense to have a agent in the mix. Thanks to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Act they will have to take the risk of Clientco not paying?

Unless the contractor has opted out
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
            X