• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capital Distribution, ER and Self Assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital Distribution, ER and Self Assessment

Hi,

Quick and hopefully simple question regarding Self assessment and claiming ER.

background: Limited company, closed in late 2012, final accounts done and everything wrapped up for tax with HMRC and accounts at Companies house. Only cash (£15k) left in business so withdrawn. Company struck off c3 months later.

Assuming I satisfy the requirements under ER and based on my interpretation I would say I do.

Descripition of Asset (eg type of number of shares sold or address of property) = Capital Distribution

My first question is do I have to state something like "100 ordinary shares".

My Second question is what type of asset would a capital distribution be classed as
    a) unlisted shares and other securities
    b) property and other asset and gains

I`ve used HMRCs online calculation. Do I need to add any other information (question at the end of the capital gains tax section) and if so what? remember its just a simple capital distribution claim so doesnt really warrant a long explaination.

Thanking you in advance and hope this may help others as well.e
    Last edited by confused_contractor; 26 January 2014, 22:16.

Simply add in the explanation of ordinary shares and allocate them as Unlisted Shares.

If you feel there's extra information HMRC may need to know then add it to the white space (other information) box.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thanks clare.

SA now filed with the following;

Type of asset = Unlisted share and other securities
      Description of Asset = 1,000 Ordinary shares.

Comment

Working...
      X