• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

staff turnover and response time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response times of a month are obviously crap...staff turnover shouldn't directly relate to response times though.

It's a fact of life that people don't stay at the same job forever. A typical accountant training contract is 3 years (depending upon level). It's probably realistic to say that in year 1 they wouldn't have too much client contact (certainly not answering tax questions), year 2 they'll start to have some contact, year 3 they'll maybe get a portfolio of clients, then year 4 they'll be qualified and be lured off elsewhere with promotion/salary promises. So from a client's perspective, a year or two before a main contact leaves is probably normal.

People simply don't stay in jobs for 40+ years anymore, it doesn't mean the employer sucks or there are other nasties which should scare clients off.

Smaller accountancy firms probably do better on this, as the owners will be more hands on, and they themselves are less likely to move on.

Comment

Thank you all for your response. I would not mind how often they change my account manager as long as they are professional. But unfortunately the response time get longer and longer each time. Hopefully this new account manager wont be as bad as the previous one who would not response to my email unless I called to chase it up. Otherwise I will have to find another firm.

Comment

Working...
      X