• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House of Lords review & IR35, PCG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    If you had got them all to send in a letter that would have shown them!

Have you attended in person?
    Not much point in belonging to a representative organisation that works on your behalf if you have to turn up in person every time. Also, HMT and HMRC (and BIS and others) have a great respect for PCG's work and contribution, well above their actual fighting weight. You don't think Mr Bryce was on the invitations list by accident, do you?

And talking of umbrellas, while they have tens of thousands of customers, there are only a couple of dozen of them. They are therefore outvoted quite comprehensively.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And talking of umbrellas, while they have tens of thousands of customers, there are only a couple of dozen of them. They are therefore outvoted quite comprehensively.
      If HM Gov get their way - and force all agencies only offer PAYE - won't the likes of umbrellas, SJD, Limited Company working all go to the wall?

If I continue to take agency provided contracts I'll have no need for any of them..... regardless of IR35?

Just asking?

Comment

Well that refers to the draft legislation re Agencies, I wouldn't have thought the HoL consultation would've had a bearing on that as yet, as its conclusions are to be produced in March 2014, although it'd be the death knell for almost the entire contracting and IR35 industry if it does cast as wide a net as some have suggested. I doubt anyone but HMRC would want to see that interpretation of the draft legislation come to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
          If HM Gov get their way - and force all agencies only offer PAYE - won't the likes of umbrellas, SJD, Limited Company working all go to the wall?

If I continue to take agency provided contracts I'll have no need for any of them..... regardless of IR35?

Just asking?
          It would destroy the flexible economy that the country needs, so it's not likely to happen. Then the first challenge is to differentiate MyCo from Tesco, the second to separate MyCo from Richard Branson or Ford UK (both are three man companies), the next to separate MyCo from Mr & Mrs Balls, Mr & Mrs Bliar or Mr & Mrs Gorgon, to name but three, who have real, salary paying jobs so have no need of a private company other than to avoid taxes.

The battle is not yet won by HMG, let alone the war.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Mark the Nutters comments have been removed btw.
            Still there in the Google cached html version.

Massive chip on on his shoulder maybe but I'd stop short of calling someone that articulate a nutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post

Just asking?
              The draft legislation (I assume you are referring to 'false self-employment) is not intended to wipe out the contractor market - it's intention is to stop companies from hiring cleaners and shelf-stackers and then forcing them to incorporate thereby saving a fortune in employer's NIC's
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                The draft legislation (I assume you are referring to 'false self-employment) is not intended to wipe out the contractor market - it's intention is to stop companies from hiring cleaners and shelf-stackers and then forcing them to incorporate thereby saving a fortune in employer's NIC's
                Totally agree: this is a necessary action by HMG to protect some very vulnerable workers.

However the challenge - and the risk to my business - is that any rules they impose will include MyCo in the net.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I agree with Malvolio (again). HMRC has stated the intent that you have, but if they accidentally brought a few hundred thousand freelancers.under ir35 accidentally, I doubt they would cry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                    Still there in the Google cached html version.

Massive chip on on his shoulder maybe but I'd stop short of calling someone that articulate a nutter.
                    He also apppears to have got things wrong wehnm working out the flat rate calculations. Does none of the evidence given have to be fact checked?
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Updates here - latest is 158 pages of written evidence: Select Committee on Personal Service Companies - UK Parliament
                      Why can't I see it??

Tony in 'being thick' mode
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X