• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Re-)imbursing expenses early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Thanks. Most of it is already incurred of course, just the mileage for the last day or two would be loaned.
    Not clear if you want to do this because you actually need the money or another reason. The company can loan you up to £5k without complications (assuming you are able to pay it back!). I'd just pay a round sum now, and pay the expenses/salary in arrears when you return from holiday, and then pay back the loan. I know the loan is already offset but to me it just seems simpler to treat it separately and deal with the expenses as normal.

Comment

I don't need the money now. I'm reluctant in principle to leave it in the Co bank account until next year, so I'll expense monthly as usual. Since I'm going off on holiday at the end of the week, I thought I'd clear some stuff out of the way first. Just trying to make life easy, you know? So why did I come here?

2 good suggestions, thanks (apart from Just Do It, nobody will get on your case for it): make the bank payment for a later date; or just leave a couple of days until next month. It's only my anal attitude that wants to do it by calendar month!

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        Not clear if you want to do this because you actually need the money or another reason. The company can loan you up to £5k without complications (assuming you are able to pay it back!). I'd just pay a round sum now, and pay the expenses/salary in arrears when you return from holiday, and then pay back the loan. I know the loan is already offset but to me it just seems simpler to treat it separately and deal with the expenses as normal.
        Note also that It was proposed in the 2013 budget to extend the £5,000 limit to £10,000 in 2014/15.

Comment

Working...
        X