• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filing annual accounts help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just about complete with online filing but either a calculation on the Co House abbreviated website does not agree with my accountant.

e.g
    Total Current Assets 80,000

Creditors: amounts falling due within one year: 6,000 (note inc taxation & security and £1,000 directors loan)

Should the "Net Current Assets (liabilities)" be 86,000 or 74,000

as the values given by Co House and accountant differ in this section in terms of how calculated.

Edit - think problem is that Co House system needs a -ve sign added before for creditors amount, thought I had it sussed but find it confusing.
    I get all figures to match the abbreviated balance sheet from my accountant.
    Last edited by diesel; 9 December 2013, 19:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
      You can check whether the accounts have been accepted using the Companies House WebCheck service.

The majority of our clients post their accounts though we have experience filing the accounts online and have never encountered any problems. It is difficult for me to help you over this forum but your accountant should be able to support you or even file the accounts for you.

If the deadline is near and you are having trouble filing online, I would suggest you post the accounts using guaranteed next day delivery to avoid the possibility of a £150 fine.
      Concur with this. Sensible electronic filing systems for Companies House are still in their infancy so we have clients post abbreviated accounts. We recommend recorded delivery etc, but track the filings and nag clients as necessary.

We are trialling e-filling of abbreviateds from our accounts software and will probably do this by default next year.

I'm surprised at OPs accountant using the joint filing imitative, as its not well regarded in accounting profession. I believe its only supported on HMRC web site, and I would have expected an accountant of any size to be using tax filing software for CT600s/ibxrl.

Running a set of abbreivateds off from accounts production software at the time of generating the full accounts should only be a few minutes work, so press your accountant to produce these.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
        just about complete with online filing but either a calculation on the Co House abbreviated website does not agree with my accountant.

e.g
        Total Current Assets 80,000

Creditors: amounts falling due within one year: 6,000 (note inc taxation & security and £1,000 directors loan)

Should the "Net Current Assets (liabilities)" be 86,000 or 74,000

as the values given by Co House and accountant differ in this section in terms of how calculated.

Edit - think problem is that Co House system needs a -ve sign added before for creditors amount, thought I had it sussed but find it confusing.
        I get all figures to match the abbreviated balance sheet from my accountant.
        Unless the accounts are strange, creditors is a negative so on facts given you should be balancing at £74k.

But, seriously, and this isn't criticism, why pay a dog and bark yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          Unless the accounts are strange, creditors is a negative so on facts given you should be balancing at £74k.

But, seriously, and this isn't criticism, why pay a dog and bark yourself?
          no that is what I would have expected and concurs with my accountants methodology. Problem is understanding the CH online which I managed to suss out.

Good question on dogs? It is my company and as director I am responsible for all company affairs, am I correct? Hence I like to try and understand the systems and how they work. My accountant only uses the HMRC gateway method which files abbreviated accounts made up from the submitted accounts, but now I understand the accounts filing better, next year I hope to tackle this properly with just a summarised balance sheet. My accountant did prepare a 1page summary for me to post but I wanted to try the online route first.

Out of interest which software do you use for issuing the abbreviated accounts? is this produced as a 1 page summary or several pages?

Comment

We are using a professional package for accountants, known as Compac. Produces a two page set of abbreviateds.

yes, it is your responsibility to understand whats going on, but you pay your accountant to deliver on the details and debits / credits!

Comment

Fek me, but I reckon your Accountant should be spelled ackowntint.

Net Current Assets = Current Assets less Current Liabilities

74 = 80 - 6
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Fek me, but I reckon your Accountant should be spelled ackowntint.

Net Current Assets = Current Assets less Current Liabilities

74 = 80 - 6
                my accountant had it right; it was a quirk with the CH online filing fields....

Comment

Working...
                X