• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Xmas Party - Ltd co sole employee / director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
    The Xmas party is like an 'anything goes' rule - just don't exceed the thresholds discussed in this thread, and the entire amount remains tax deductible for the company with no P11D costs on the employees.
    Excellent, I know what this years Christmas Party allowance will now be splurged on!

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
      Excellent, I know what this years Christmas Party allowance will now be splurged on!
      Care to tell us? Should we open a new thread for the wildest idea?
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Care to tell us? Should we open a new thread for the wildest idea?
        It's a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
          It's a secret.
          Not any more....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1464394
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Right, you're no longer my +1.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              LOL well I guess that covers the wildest idea then...
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
                He would actually do this!
                Martin, you sound as if you feel cheapened and used.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
                  Make sure you take your partner to double the threshold to £300.
                  I had a discussion with my accountant last year who wouldn't accept this principle. Of course it's my decision, but are we sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I had a discussion with my accountant last year who wouldn't accept this principle. Of course it's my decision, but are we sure?
                    Yes - it's per head not per employee. You can only claim the VAT on the portion that relates to staff, but the overall cost includes all staff and guests.

There is an exemption from tax, NICs and reporting if you provide a party or similar function for employees that meets the following three conditions:
                    it's an annual event, such as a Christmas party or summer barbeque
                    the event is open to all of your employees
                    the cost per head of the event isn't more than £150

HM Revenue & Customs: Social functions for employees, including annual parties

The cost of the function includes VAT and the cost of transport and/or overnight accommodation if these are provided to enable employees to attend. Divide the total cost of each function by the total number of people (including non-employees) who attend in order to arrive at the cost per head.

EIM21690 - Particular benefits: annual parties and other social functions
                    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Martin, you sound as if you feel cheapened and used.

Comment

Working...
                      X