• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL Changes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVL Changes?

I'm sure I read a news snippet on this site or another suggesting that the Chancellor might look to tighten up the rules around MVL in the next Budget. I can't find the article or anything else about it now... was I dreaming (or more accurately, having a nightmare?) I'm guessing Maslins will know if there is a likelihood, so hopefully he will reply...

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
    I'm sure I read a news snippet on this site or another suggesting that the Chancellor might look to tighten up the rules around MVL in the next Budget. I can't find the article or anything else about it now... was I dreaming (or more accurately, having a nightmare?) I'm guessing Maslins will know if there is a likelihood, so hopefully he will reply...
    Not something I've heard (yet?!).

It'll inevitably happen at some time though. MVL Online only became viable due to a change in legislation. We were aware from the outset that it could be put out of business just as quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
      We're not aware of any forthcoming changes..

The autumn statement is next Thursday so we may hear something then. I'll keep an eye out and if there is anything useful to know about I'll add it to this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
        We're not aware of any forthcoming changes..

The autumn statement is next Thursday so we may hear something then. I'll keep an eye out and if there is anything useful to know about I'll add it to this thread!
        Thanks Martin. I'm a NW client and I've already been discussing MVL with one of your colleagues, however if there is no change on the horizon I'll likely postpone my plans for a few months to squeeze a final gig in. If I'm right and changes are afoot then I'll be pressing the button PDQ!

Comment

Working...
        X