• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Holiday pay vs Contractor No Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Befuddled88 View Post
    I've only been here 3 weeks, both the client and agent are open to allowing me some time to get my head around things..
    If you've already started, then you won't easily be able to change the contract that you've agreed to, though. Particularly if you are now going to go back and try to negotiate the rate - the only time you are in a position of strength is when either you have niche skills and can dictate your rate to the market as a whole, or you have been offered the contract and didn't agree a rate first (or the rate and role no longer correlate).

Trying to sort things out once you have accepted a contract is incredibly unlikely to happen (cue someone coming on here and proudly proclaiming that "I've done it, it was dead easy etc etc")
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Befuddled88 View Post
      I've only been here 3 weeks, both the client and agent are open to allowing me some time to get my head around things..
      Have you signed a contract with anyone?? If so were there any payment terms contained therein?
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

'get your head around things' could also be taken as 'running up monies owed at the risk of not getting it if they fold'

If you are able to invoice as per your payment terms then stick the bloody invoice in as fast as possible. If you are monthly invoicing then fair enough but get it in on the day. No messing. We are contractors, we don't 'get our head around things' Permies do that.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X