• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this the end for offshore umbrella companies??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WCS - all umbrella companies should work in the same way i.e. tax deductions through PAYE - if a scheme promises a higher net return than any of its competitors you have to ask yourself how?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      Following HMRC's recent update on offshore employment intermediaries I asked for clarification on the changes to the legislation:

"Contractors join offshore umbrella company schemes in a bid to avoid tax – from what I have read, the updated legislation would make that contractual arrangement null and void as the full contract value (less agency margin) would be subject to PAYE and NIC’s. Therefore, the arrangement that had been entered into between the contractor and the offshore umbrella company would be pointless as there could be no possibility of the offshore umbrella offering any sort of tax saving. Is my understanding in this matter correct? “

A policy advisor confirmed that my understanding was quite correct.

What does the panel think?? Is this the end for the QC approved 90% take home offerings?
      We both know that the 90% model has long ago died a death.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You would think wouldn't you but try typing Umbrella Company Take Home Pay into Google and see what it brings up - there are new companies making this sort of promise springing up all over the place

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

You would think wouldn't you but try typing Umbrella Company Take Home Pay into Google and see what it brings up - there are new companies making this sort of promise springing up all over the place
          But they're all being out-competed by the 120% return model

Comment

But they're all being out-competed by the 120% return model
            Any takers for that yet OG?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Any takers for that yet OG?
              When I was marketing it in my signature, I did have three enquiries by PM.

Comment

When I was marketing it in my signature, I did have three enquiries by PM.
                Please tell me you're joking

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Please tell me you're joking
                  I promise you it's true.

Comment

I received a spam email from one of them this morning titled "Contractors - Retain 90% Of Your Income". UK "administration" office in Canterbury. It meets all the bingo words and phrases including "Senior Tax Counsel" approved, avoids IR35, fully insured, and so on

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                      I received a spam email from one of them this morning titled "Contractors - Retain 90% Of Your Income". UK "administration" office in Canterbury. It meets all the bingo words and phrases including "Senior Tax Counsel" approved, avoids IR35, fully insured, and so on
                      Unless it has the terms "Oude Joris" or "Dutch Antilles", my advice would be not to touch it with a barge pole.

Comment

Working...
                      X