• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Accountant Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Accountant Needed

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a European / UK accountant? I have been living and working in Spain for the last few years and soon will be contracting in the UK again but still living in Spain.

My previous UK accountant has no experience in Spanish tax etc...

Thanks,

DGA

You will struggle to find many accountants, outside the big firms with their inherent cost and complexity, with a joint Spanish / UK offering.

Try google, and see if you can find a boutique outfit. They probably won't know uk contracting tax issues, eg IR35, in any death though.

That said, if you are contracting in the uk you are probably (emphasis probably) paying tax here and not Spain, so it maybe it's not as complex as you think. I've had/have got Spanish and uk nationals living in slain and contracting in uk, and really we've (or the client) had little need to worry about Spanish taxes.

YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
      They probably won't know uk contracting tax issues, eg IR35, in any death though.
      Wow! Sounds harsh ...

Comment

Originally posted by borderreiver View Post
        Wow! Sounds harsh ...
        Yes, death, taxes, and iOs autocorrect cock ups, the only certainties in life...

Comment

Working...
        X