• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need contract revue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spelling police...

<cough>ADVICE</cough>
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I would be inclined to agree with Malvolio there.

We can be a bit harsh, paint a black picture and present pit falls to you.
      That does mean that you are for warned and less liekly to fall into the traps.

You would be realy pissed off if we told you it was all wine and roses and you dont need to worry when the IR come a knocking!
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        1. Tom: We might be laughing, but I for one am impressed.

2. ...on your tax form you are required to tell the IR if you may be inside IR35. Not telling them can get you into all sorts of lumber.
        1. now THAT was unexpected. Thanks.

2. Do you mean your tax return? Or is there a tax form to fill in for each contract you take on? On your tax return do you get the opportunity to comment on every contract you've worked on that year? (I've never been sent one so I'm not sure what's on it).

Thanks

Tom
        Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you!
        StoneBlog Prime

Comment

Tax Form - P35 Employer's Annual Return

You can see a copy here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ebu/p35-2006.pdf

See Question 6, Part 3 - there is a tickbox for "Do the rules relating to services provided through an intermediary (sometimes known as IR35) apply to any work carried out by any worker listed on this return?"

So it is a global question for the whole year to ascertain whether IR35 applies to any of the work.
          Regards,
          James

Lawspeed Limited
          Any views or opinions expressed herein may be solely those of the originator and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Lawspeed or its Directors. Copyright © Lawspeed Limited 2007

Comment

Originally posted by StoneLaughter
            1. now THAT was unexpected. Thanks.

2. Do you mean your tax return? Or is there a tax form to fill in for each contract you take on? On your tax return do you get the opportunity to comment on every contract you've worked on that year? (I've never been sent one so I'm not sure what's on it).

Thanks
            1. We don't just take the piss.
            2. I can't remember on which form. I know it's out there.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              Tom: We might be laughing, .... Having the balls to post 2 days after "i'm a newbie" is impressive.
              Really? Or do you mean he types using his balls?

Comment

Lawspeed is good - if you pass, you can get insurance ...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions
                  Millwall
                  "No one like us, we don't care"

Comment

Originally Posted by XLMonkey
                    Bauer and Cottrell get regular recommendations around here, so suggest you try them.

I always use Sarah Bauer at B&C.Call her and ask her advise.

Comment

Working...
                    X