• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYEE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Really? I thought they had stopped that or something?
    They did for a bit, but it's working again.

Not all accountants to PAYE annually, most will do it monthly.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      It's not always simples, I had real grief getting them to agree to doing monthly PAYE returns

They just seem to want to push you into make one annual payroll run
      Buy your own software - Moneysoft is about £100 a year and will do it all for you.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by definitionofself View Post
        My world is quite simple, I do short term contracts with very basic travel expenses so it feels like a better thing to do if I can get beyond the complexity of PAYEE. Am I being underestimating this?
        Maybe a good starting point would be understanding the difference between a payee and PAYE.

Get an accountant.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by definitionofself View Post
          Firstly do any of you do your own accounts and file your own returns? My world is quite simple, I do short term contracts with very basic travel expenses so it feels like a better thing to do if I can get beyond the complexity of PAYEE. Am I being underestimating this?
          You are on the right track but I think you are underestimating the amount of work involved. I couldn't say for sure but my feeling is that the majority of people here have an accountant rather than the DIY approach. I've been contracting for many years and I always use an accountant.

The reason for this is that there is a lot more bureaucracy to running a company than there is to being self employed and it's pretty easy to make a mess of it and get fined. There are also a number of ways you can reduce your tax bill that aren't available to you as a self employed worker.

I suggest that you get an accountant at least for the first year and then take it from there.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            It's not always simples, I had real grief getting them to agree to doing monthly PAYE returns

They just seem to want to push you into make one annual payroll run
            Some firms have gone down the annual route. I still prefer monthly as it allows more flexibility and, IMO, is less susceptible to error. But theres no right and wrong as RTI is settling down. However your accountant should accommodate whichever way you want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You fail at being a smart arse.
              Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
              You certainly don't fail at being predictable.
              Double fail. Kindly stop with the
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X