• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

newish contractor in the UK - advice on surplus cash in business bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a flexible mortgage then you may be able to take a director's loan and then pay it back later on but you need to get professional advice about this so speak to your accountant.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
      providing you are eligible for entrepreneurs relief this allows you to take the remaining funds in the company when it closes at a rate of 10%. You and your wife could also be eligible for a capital gains free allowance of £10,900 but you may not be entitled to this depending on your residency status for tax purposes in the year of disposal.
      Hi I just found this forum as I was looking for information that you touched on there. I'm in a similar situation to the original poster, but I've already started closing my company (I'm in the process of getting it struck off now) and I'm wondering whether I should try to get entrepreneurs relief for the last distribution of funds. I'm now a non-resident and have left the UK, and this will be my final tax return. So I was wondering what you know about that bit.

Comment

Working...
      X