• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spam email purporting to come from Companies House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw another of these a couple days ago too, so they are back doing the rounds. Interesting to know what the spammers get from this one.

There's also the usual "Tax Rebate" spam emails at the moment, asking you for bank details so they can send you the rebate of £900+
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      There's also the usual "Tax Rebate" spam emails at the moment, asking you for bank details so they can send you the rebate of £900+
      More than ever this year!

Comment

You need to be super careful with these e-mails, as they often contain the CryptoLocker malware, which will really ruin your day. Always assume that unsolicited e-mails from official places are fake and take it from there. Never open a zipped attachment unless you really trust the origin.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          You need to be super careful with these e-mails, as they often contain the CryptoLocker malware, which will really ruin your day. Always assume that unsolicited e-mails from official places are fake and take it from there. Never open a zipped attachment unless you really trust the origin.
          Crytolocker is a right pain.
          A friend in Italy lost a lot of data. Especially because he didn't do backups.
          Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Just another warning that these e-mails are doing the rounds again. They look legitimate on the face of it, but they aren't. Never open a zipped attachment associated with an e-mail unless you're 100% sure of the origin.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/sec...ce/index.shtml

Comment

referralkey

Hope all is well. I'd like to recommend clients to <My LTD> so I've added you to my referral network.

Simply click the link below and we can start exchanging referrals. Thanks!

Best,
              <Person I loosely know>
              Dynamic Professionals
              w ww.referralkey.com/accept.php
              Last edited by cojak; 3 April 2014, 20:32. Reason: Removed the link.
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

I Regularly get these, along with e-mails purporting to be from:
                Barclays about some money transfer issue
                UPS/FedEx/DHL about some customs issue with parcel in US
                HMRC about a credit balance
                SKY about some unpaid balance
                Amazon about some order - which I never made

Its a long list getting longer all the time.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Got a lot of these too.
                  Most spammers seem to get my email address from the Monster job board

The nice thing with gmail is that you can put a dot anywhere in you email account and it will still arrive. for example [email protected] can be written as [email protected] or [email protected], etc By doing this I found out Monster is the worst of the worst

Comment

Working...
                  X