• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£0.00 for Travelling and Subsistence on P11d

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£0.00 for Travelling and Subsistence on P11d

I have been paying myself about £140pm expenses for mileage at a rate of 45p per mile for genuinely incurred business mileage.

I've been paying out of my own funds then claiming and being reimbursed as part of the monthly payroll.

However I have just caught sight of my p11d for the last tax year, filed by my Accountant, and Travelling and Subsistence payments are totted up as nil cost, nil amount made good and nil taxable payment.

Could one of our friendly accounting types opine on this before I go in all guns blazing to my accountant? :-)

Mileage incurred and reimbursed to you at the approved rate is not required to declared on your P11D. Since you're getting 45p per mile, there's also no benefit in kind issues.

What you've said sounds like the accountant has got it right.

Comment

Cheers Craig. Saves me from embarrassing myself! :-)

Comment

Nilling out allowable expenses on P11D is common place. It makes everyones life simpler, and they wouldn't admit it, that includes HMRCs.

Comment

Of course the OP could have just nicely asked their accountant anyway, without any need for immediate 'guns blazing' mode.

Jus' sayin'

Comment

Working...
          X