• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R&D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The client's tax affairs are between them and HMRC, it's bugger all to do with the contractor. I mean, if you pay a taxi driver/builder/plumber/cleaner/decorator in cash do you ever stop to wonder if they are going to declare that on their tax return?

I would however take the opportunity to negotiate some contract terms which represented the "true relationship" between my consultancy doing the R&D and the client...

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I presume this has to be a pretty small client to start openly abusing their tax position in front of suppliers?
    Because no contractor would ever openly abuse their tax posit... oh wait.

Pots and kettles, come to mind here....
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X