• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Accounts (again?!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How is he supposed to know what you don't know? We have people on here that don't have a clue about the basics such as phones right through to guys that know the in's and out's of everything including directors loans, company van's/bikes.

Do some research starting with the expenses link to the right. Your accountant should do some good guides on this, SJD, InTouch and NW have good stuff on their pages. Have a look at all that and pro-actively find out what you don't know.
    Any accountant worth their salts should be (a) giving you a manual with the basics in (b) giving you a end of year check-list on things and (c) runing a critical eye down the P&L at the end of year to see if anything obvious is being missed.

Basic stuff.

Comment

I'm a very happy user of FreeAgent (disclaimer: referral link). It does my RTI PAYE submissions, my VAT returns and gives me realtime profit calculations. It does my invoicing, manages my bills and my banking. It even does automated bank feeds although I don't personally use them (they use Yodlee, which I have reservations with).

I have also used Xero in the past which I liked, but felt FreeAgent was better suited to one-man companies. Xero has probably come a long way since I first used it (4 years ago) - it didn't even handle flat-rate VAT at the time.

Comment

Working...
      X