• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Way to Invoice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan
    If it's after the start date you told the VAT man, you're meant to write "VAT registration pending" on the invoice, and not charge the VAT. Then in a few months time when it comes through, you have to re-invoice them for the VAT. Arse pain in the.
    Thanks for that. Have amemded invoice and will probably just pay the VAT myself to save sending another bill for the sake of a few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
      Are you really going to declare cash in hand work - I thought that was the holy grail. Money which is untraceable, especially if you don't give reciepts.
      True, but MyCo owes me quite a bit in expenses, flyers, advertising etc so need to get the bank account filled up

Comment

Just wondering, do you guys bill weekly or monthly?

Comment

Usually monthly but this gig is with an old company and so am billing weekly with the usual "payment within 14 days" attached and so far i've been paid within 4 days of invoice!!!

unbelievable..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
          X