• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FPS Submission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS Submission

I'm a bit of a night owl and I generally do all my filing late at night. Just done my FPS submission for payment on the 18th June as Payment date and I was wondering as HMRC don't count bank holiday as working days do they could 00:00 - 23:59 as working hours?

So I sent the submission at 00:53 this morning and received this back.

Code:
    Thank you for sending your Full Payment Submission.
    The submission for reference <<PAYE CODE >> was successfully received on 17-06-2013 and is being processed.
    Er does someone need to update the clocks? Or is it 17th in HMRC land until 9am this morning.

God knows. With paper SA returns it always used to be based on being in their letter box at start of day on 1 February, hence some accountants having overnight sleep in parties 13/1 to 1/2. It could be that their systems don't start tomorrow till 6am or something, or could just be GMT v BST.

Comment

strict deadline?

I am always behind on my payroll most of the time.

Are there any issues with late FPS submissions?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
        I am always behind on my payroll most of the time.

Are there any issues with late FPS submissions?

cheers
        Not at the moment, but there will be penalties from next year.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
        X