• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

paid in euro's into my uk business account avoid charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    Hadn't heard of CurrencyFair - I use Caxton or Hargreaves Landsdown to exchange - are the rates at CurrencyFair better than these kind of people and do you register as a business or an individual?
    CF is peer to peer exchange and in my experience the rates are way better. Of course, its a bit of hassle mind exchanging it all.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      CF is peer to peer exchange and in my experience the rates are way better. Of course, its a bit of hassle mind exchanging it all.
      Interesting, I hadn't even come across that concept in terms of FX. But you mean way better than the highstreet banks, right? Definitely. But the FX brokers all seem pretty similar and very marginal differences to the interbank rate (say 20 pips on average, i.e. next to nothing).

Comment

Can i do this

Originally posted by borderreiver View Post
        Just open a EUR account with a bank in the Eurozone then, since SEPA transfers to it should be free, or nearly so. You can then transfer to your GBP account at a time of your choosing, which could be a lot better than CA's awful exchange rates.

In another forum some people were singing the praises of EUR accounts with the Allied Irish Bank in Dublin. Apparently you don't even have to travel there to open a business account, so it may be an option.
        Hi there,

Would it possible to create a personal banking account in europe (where
        am temporarily based) and have my sales invoice paid into that account
        here. Then I use Transfer Wise or Currency Fair to then convert my
        euros to pounds and deposit it back into my business sterling account
        in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by IT_BOY View Post
          Hi there,

Would it possible to create a personal banking account in europe (where
          am temporarily based) and have my sales invoice paid into that account
          here. Then I use Transfer Wise or Currency Fair to then convert my
          euros to pounds and deposit it back into my business sterling account
          in the UK?
          Reputable agencies won't pay an invoice into a personal bank account regardless of the country the account is based in.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Interesting, I hadn't even come across that concept in terms of FX. But you mean way better than the highstreet banks, right? Definitely. But the FX brokers all seem pretty similar and very marginal differences to the interbank rate (say 20 pips on average, i.e. next to nothing).
            Yeh. Obviously it depends from day to day but it is generally much better than the FX brokers.

For instance, at the moment on currencyfair I can get .8560. According to live-forex.co.uk the current rate is only .8538
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X