• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone confirm something for me regarding getting an iPhone via my Ltd co?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay Cartay View Post
    Cheers folks. So I'm right then that the company will pay out the line rental and cannot claim that back aren't I? So it still effectively comes out of my pocket.
    What, so you're expecting to get a totally free smartphone with hmrc re imbursing you the full costs!?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Worth noting, if you're thinking of registering for VAT FRS, buy your phone (and any other expensive items) first as when you do register you can reclaim the actual VAT paid on any expenses from the previous 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        What, so you're expecting to get a totally free smartphone with hmrc re imbursing you the full costs!?
        It's easy for people to think that way.

If you work for a permie employer and they give you a phone then it's great because it costs you nothing for these business expenses. What people overlook is that if they are the owner of the company then the business expense ultimately comes out of their pocket...
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          It's easy for people to think that way.

If you work for a permie employer and they give you a phone then it's great because it costs you nothing for these business expenses. What people overlook is that if they are the owner of the company then the business expense ultimately comes out of their pocket...
          Not that I'm disagreeing with you - but on other matters relating to business and personal money (i.e. matters around taxation etc.) then the forum message is that money in the business bank account belongs to the business and everything else is yours - this is the same view I take with expenses.

Ultimately, they come out of money I've earnt but as the money is in the business account, I don't feel too strongly about claiming legitimate business expenses. I don't view them as "free" but as "attracting a 20% discount" and I love a bargain

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Nope. I just wanted to make sure I was armed with all the facts. I currently have a Galaxy Note 2 as my personal phone and am due an upgrade in June.

I've just decided to keep a separate business phone. That way I know that anonymous and private calls are legit before wasting my time answering them.

Comment

good info in this thread

Thanks guys - many good tips in just a few postings in one thread, this helps me plan for setting up my ltd co!
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
              X