• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money worries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    OK, so the invoice is not overdue yet?
    My invoice to the agency is overdue (shorter terms); whereas the invoice from the agency to the client is not overdue.

The statement that the client is retaining 4 weeks is a lie.

I suspect they (the agency) is worried the client won't pay.

Usually when I submitted a timesheet and invoiced, I would be paid the Following Friday.

(That Friday was 3 weeks ago)

Comment

Originally posted by thekiwi View Post
      My invoice to the agency is overdue (shorter terms); whereas the invoice from the agency to the client is not overdue.
      Ahh, OK. The payment terms between the client and agency are not your concern. All you need to care about is that they are overdue paying you and so you should start dunning to recover the money owed with penalties and interest.

Definitely time to get serious with them.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

The statement that the client is retaining 4 weeks is a lie.

I suspect they (the agency) is worried the client won't pay.

Usually when I submitted a timesheet and invoiced, I would be paid the Following Friday.

(That Friday was 3 weeks ago)
        Don't worry about the client/agency relationship - not your problem. This is where opted out status is important though with regards to payment.

If you ain't opted out then agency has got to pay you regardless of whether they get paid or not.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          If you ain't opted out then agency has got to pay you regardless of whether they get paid or not.
          I've not.. well at least I don't remember doing so... Certainly can't find any record of it.. nor a contract with the agency which is a little strange!

Anyway.. Solicitors letter sent to Agencies head office - so we shall see what happens.

Cheers for all the help and advise chaps, will let you know how I get on.

Comment

I've not.. well at least I don't remember doing so... Certainly can't find any record of it.. nor a contract with the agency which is a little strange!

Anyway.. Solicitors letter sent to Agencies head office - so we shall see what happens.

Cheers for all the help and advise chaps, will let you know how I get on.

No contract????
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I can see why client is upset - if they signed a 5 month with the agency they're going to expect contractor for 5 months. so bit of a shock to them if they find out contractor is free to leave after one month. But to repeat, NOT YOUR PROBLEM.
              I watched the same thing happen a few years back with a friend of mine.

PM said to him "we're hoping to be able to offer you another month's extension" and he said "Oh, OK. I'll have to look at other opportunities, though, to see if there's a longer contract elsewhere".

Clientco then signed a contract with the agency for a month. Agency didn't pass anything to the contractor, he found something better elsewhere and walked out at the end of the month.

Client wasn't happy, but the blame lies all with the agent. OK, mainly with the agent - the client should have checked when the end date agreed with the contractor was.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X