• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Freeagent Accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funkywood View Post
    I haven't decided on one yet. If I could find one that offered all accounts including SA (I could manage VAT), a service address (preferably in London) and used Freeagent for £100 + VAT I'd be there.
    Why the fascination with Freeagent, just out of interest?

InTouch do everything apart from Freeagent for that price, and have a fairly decent portal as well.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Why the fascination with Freeagent, just out of interest?

InTouch do everything apart from Freeagent for that price, and have a fairly decent portal as well.
      InTouch is the other option I'm considering and probably will go with but I played with a demo of their portal and wasn't impressed but I suppose it gets the job done. The data feed from my Barclays account and just the ease of use and quick glance nature of Freeagent just impressed me.

With so many choices of accountant it would be a nice deciding factor.

Comment

InTouch is the other option I'm considering and probably will go with but I played with a demo of their portal and wasn't impressed but I suppose it gets the job done. The data feed from my Barclays account and just the ease of use and quick glance nature of Freeagent just impressed me.

With so many choices of accountant it would be a nice deciding factor.
        Freeagent is going to be another £25 a month on top of the accountancy fees though.

I'd like to see InTouch use it - looks pretty goo.

(If you go with InTouch, tell Clare that I referred you as well )
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Freeagent is going to be another £25 a month on top of the accountancy fees though.
          Not necessarily - we include it as part of our packages and most contractors pay £99 or less all in (and no VAT either).

Comment

Originally posted by Brown View Post
            Hi All,

My choice of accounting software is freeagent. I had a look at their accountant database but know none of them. Could anyone recommend me a good freeagent accountant?

Thanks.
            I'm with Maslins.

I used FreeAgent by myself in the past and was paying £20/mth exc. VAT. I signed up to Maslins a while later and they got my FreeAgent account added to their dashboard. FA included as part of the accountant's fee now.

I hardly ever need to speak to the accountant because I have all the info available to me that I need. All the year end things get sorted by them. I do submit my own VAT returns but that's easy with FA. Also in the new tax year coming up I get to submit my own RTI. Accountant is always quick to respond to emails when I do need to ask something.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by WHA View Post
              Not necessarily - we include it as part of our packages and most contractors pay £99 or less all in (and no VAT either).
              Does that mean you absorb the VAT in your costs, or your VATable turnover is below the threshold for registration so you aren't VAT registered?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Just to say we do now offer registered office address for clients (only recently been able to, and it is currently a bit of a building site, also not in London).

FreeAgent cost included in our fees, as we buy loads of accounts from them we get them at a subsidised rate.

Not sure at what point I'll be considered crossing the line into advertising...but hopefully I'll be given some leeway as answering fairly direct questions

PS thanks Kingcook...turns out more of the CUKers are clients than I thought.

We'll be having a go with the live FreeAgent RTI on Monday and will send a follow up "how to" guide email shortly after.

Comment

Does that mean you absorb the VAT in your costs, or your VATable turnover is below the threshold for registration so you aren't VAT registered?
                  Turnover below VAT threshold - has been for the past 12 years and no plans to grow the business to exceed the thresholds.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                    Just to say we do now offer registered office address for clients (only recently been able to, and it is currently a bit of a building site, also not in London).

FreeAgent cost included in our fees, as we buy loads of accounts from them we get them at a subsidised rate.

Not sure at what point I'll be considered crossing the line into advertising...but hopefully I'll be given some leeway as answering fairly direct questions

PS thanks Kingcook...turns out more of the CUKers are clients than I thought.

We'll be having a go with the live FreeAgent RTI on Monday and will send a follow up "how to" guide email shortly after.
                    You are answering my questions so I'll vouch for you not spamming. Is the office address included in your monthly fee? London is not that important. I take it you'll receive any correspondence from HMRC if I use it and it won't end up on a building site?

Comment

You are answering my questions so I'll vouch for you not spamming. Is the office address included in your monthly fee? London is not that important. I take it you'll receive any correspondence from HMRC if I use it and it won't end up on a building site?
                      Yes registered office address included as an option, free, for clients.

It will be our office as soon as refurbishment works are complete. In the meantime, we'll have access to the post there...but it's not the prettiest of places.

My personal views are that it makes more sense for clients to use their own address as the registered office address, but I appreciate not everyone wants to/can do that for various reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X