• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Mileage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcgtron View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question but does the company mileage reset to 0 miles from the company year end or the tax year end.
    Can't seem to find the answer

Ta
    Usually if you are sufficiently pedantic, as I am , the question answers itself:

Q: Does my mileage allowance for driving on company business reset to 0 miles from the company year end or the tax year end?

A: It's my mileage so it's nothing to do with any particular company year. Must be tax year.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
      It also re-sets at the start of a new employment, so if you had been working through an umbrella and started your own company in he middle of the tax year, you can claim upto 10,000 miles at 45p through your own company.

Alan
      There was a post stating that my advice above was incorrect, but it has disappeared!, however for the avoidance of doubt I have added the HMRC link confirming that my advice is correct.

Employees using own vehicles for work: more than one employment: associated employments

Alan

Comment

Working...
      X