• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down limited company after terminating Accountancy service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing down limited company after terminating Accountancy service

Hi All,

Removing this post as I got a better option from my accountant
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Anoop.
    Last edited by Anoop; 12 March 2013, 10:58. Reason: My accountant came back to me with a better option, so no need to continue this thread

You do not legally need an accountant to prepare the accounts and close the company for you, but reading your post, I would suggest that you do enagage one!

Your accountant should be able to save you some money on what you have proposed, such as your choice not to take the money as capital....

Whilst I would agree that your accountant's charges seem a steep, you need to discuss this with them and be more careful next time when you sign up.

You should be looking for an accountant who does not require you to be tied in for 12 months etc.

Alan

Comment

Read the T&C's of your accountant. In some cases they are yearly payment spread over monthly payments... Not a rolling monthly service. So you are not paying them the amount you specify. You are paying the remainder or what you owe him as well as some extra for an extra service.

Why are you waiting for payment from the client to pay your CT??? You should be saving that and VAT to one side. Technically it is NOT your money. If you have being paying yourself a dividend including your CT money you have been declaring an illegal dividend as it wasn't from profits and getting caught is going to land you in a world of trouble.

It isn't illegal but in your case it should be!

Pay your accountant the peanuts he is asking for and do it right IMO.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
        You do not legally need an accountant to prepare the accounts and close the company for you, but reading your post, I would suggest that you do enagage one!

Your accountant should be able to save you some money on what you have proposed, such as your choice not to take the money as capital....

Whilst I would agree that your accountant's charges seem a steep, you need to discuss this with them and be more careful next time when you sign up.

You should be looking for an accountant who does not require you to be tied in for 12 months etc.

Alan
        Thanks Alan. I will discuss further with my accountant firm, Got a better option now..
        Last edited by Anoop; 12 March 2013, 10:59.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. I got a better deal with my accountant, so removing my earlier posts..
          Last edited by Anoop; 12 March 2013, 10:59.

Comment

Working...
          X