• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurances

I usually have company insurances as most of my clients insist on the insurance, I have the following level:

Professional Indemnity: £100,000

Public Liability: £1000000

Employers' Liability: £10000000

However an agent is asking me for the PI up to £1 mil, did they get it wrong? I can raise my PI but that would cost me an extra £200 a year.

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    I usually have company insurances as most of my clients insist on the insurance, I have the following level:

Professional Indemnity: £100,000

Public Liability: £1000000

Employers' Liability: £10000000

However an agent is asking me for the PI up to £1 mil, did they get it wrong? I can raise my PI but that would cost me an extra £200 a year.
    £1 mil is a standard requirement. Is your insurance with Randal Dorling through the PCG? If so there is a £1 mil shared layer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex View Post
      £1 mil is a standard requirement. Is your insurance with Randal Dorling through the PCG? If so there is a £1 mil shared layer.
      Yes am with Randal Dorling, however the standard is 1mil for PL not for PI...just spoke with them. Obviously I can increase it, I am awaiting for them to let me know.

Comment

£1mil is the standard for most contractors and is rarely required with an indemnity below this. At the risk of advertising, let's just say, you can get it a lot cheaper. Shop around

Comment

Working...
        X