• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down a Ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Would it not be worth sitting down with an accountant to go through the minute details of what each route would cost you. Bearing in mind you have £500K sitting in an account paying virtually nothing it may not be as black and white as it appears. Invested properly surely you can make much more than the cost of the tax to get it out compared to trickling it out over, I would guess nearly 6 years where it doesn't grow a penny?
    Yeah, it seems to me that a voluntary liquidation would make a lot more sense, assuming there weren't major factors pointing towards an investment company. Either way, for these sums, I'd definitely be seeking professional advice on the minute details.

ps. Thanks to Maslins et al. for the very informative posts above.

Comment

Working...
    X