• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying PHI and life cover through company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Life insurance seems to be a no brainer to be honest. Get the company to pay - 20% saved. No BIK implications and no hassle if it pays out.
    You sure about that, these comments from Mal, Craig et all all seem to think otherwise?

'This is correct, in order to ensure that the policy is not treated as a BIK it will need to be a Relevant Life Policy. '
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You sure about that, these comments from Mal, Craig et all all seem to think otherwise?

'This is correct, in order to ensure that the policy is not treated as a BIK it will need to be a Relevant Life Policy. '
      Yes. Sorry - as you say its not a normal life policies...

Although to be fair, the quote I got from contractor financials for this type of policy even worked out cheaper than the one I'm paying for personally at the moment.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Possibly what is deemed as a Keyman Life Policy, I used to work at HSBC in securities (assets) and we used to have companies use these as insurance for loans etc. The way they are written suggests that the company would be up the creek without this person or persons should an accident or death befall them.
        Aye. Which is most of us I guess running a one man limited co. If we dropped dead then company would, in effect, be FCUKed.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I've got both (through contractor financials) via Unum and the Pru

Life via the pru is about £45 per month and Illness protection based on 40k per year and 6 months before claim is £54 so £100 per month all in. Peace of mind when you've a wife + kids + mortgage.

illness protection is also inflation linked and based upon ability to perform current role - i.e. would pay out if still able to work but not as powerpoint jocky - I mean architect.
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
          X