• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment Payment On Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment Payment On Account

Hello,

My SA page is showing this...

View account
    You have overpaid. £123.45 is available for repayment.

Request a repayment
    You have a total of £123.45 becoming due for payment. Your next payment is due on 31 Jul 2013. For details of the amount and the date of payment please select the figure of tax becoming due.
    Are the systems clever enough to work out what there is money "on the account" and cancel these out or do I need to phone HMRC?

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Hello,

My SA page is showing this...

Are the systems clever enough to work out what there is money "on the account" and cancel these out or do I need to phone HMRC?
    They will work it out.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You usually get the money back pretty quick and they won't be asking for anything in July.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Tar very much. I deliberately overpaid as its my first year of payments on account and I'm bound to forget to send it at the appropriate time.

Comment

Working...
        X